Monday, January 9, 2012

When does a year begin?

There's January 1. Gregorian calendar, I believe.

There's the academic year, August or September.

There's the Chinese New Year.  (2012 - Year of the Dragon, y'all.)

I feel like I also have the Museum Exhibition New Year... Blockbusters have been scheduled November - January, so there's not really a focus on newness when the calendar year changes.  Once this Rembrandt exhibition is over, then the New Exhibition Year begins.

Which corresponds to the Chinese New Year, too, so maybe I'm celebrating that.


Aaanyway, 30 pound challenge weigh-in last night.  Nice round number, easy to keep track of. 

January's goal - MAINTAIN.  What with all the craziness of work, I will be focusing on taking care of myself rather than actively trying to drop pounds.  Healthy mindset of watching what I eat, getting plenty of sleep, and exercising when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment