Thursday, October 28, 2010

Good, but not as good as advertised...

Last night's culinary adventure led me to spaghetti squash.  I've read on many a blog how delicious it is and how it tastes just like spaghetti.  Sorry, folks.  FALSE!  I may just be obsessed with pasta, making me hyper-sensitive to how it should taste.  Not saying that it was bad, though.  It was pretty good, but not my classic spaghetti.

I cut the massive squash in half, scooped the seeds, drizzled a bit of olive oil on it and set it face down on a baking sheet to cook for 40 minutes at 400 degrees.  The best part of my meal was forking out the spaghetti strands.

Day Two - Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Breakfast: coffee with skim milk and chocolate syrup, yogurt
Lunch: leftover chicken with peppers, onions and broccoli on rice with salsa and cheese, little lollipop
Dinner: half of a spaghetti squash with marinara sauce and parmesan cheese, some butternut squash, a forkful of babagnouj (thanks, Will), the rest of the candy corn pumpkins (there were only 5 left!)
Dessert: Skinny Cow chocolate ice cream bar.

I miss my gluten!  I guess the first days are the hardest.  I think my energy level has already gone up a little and my concentration has improved.  Looking forward to more benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment