Friday, October 29, 2010

Not So Fruity

Day Three - Thursday, October 28, 2011

Breakfast:  coffee with skim milk and chocolate syrup, yogurt
Lunch:  half of a spaghetti squash with marinara sauce and parmesan cheese, mini Butterfinger
Dinner:  marinated chicken with half a sweet potato as oven baked fries
Dessert:  kettle corn from the State Fair, 3 pieces of Finnish candy

Three days doing a food journal and the obvious conclusion is:  a) I have a massive sweet tooth, and Halloween is approaching and b) I don't eat much fruit.

Candy is EVERYWHERE right now, but being gluten-free has hardly held me back.  The only candy I'm missing is a KitKat.  I'm glad there is candy all over the office because it's keeping me from missing cookies and cupcakes.  And doughnuts.  And processed carby goodness.

I'm not eating anything when I get home from work now, where as before I might have grabbed some little snack like a tortilla or some graham crackers.  I'm starving by dinner but I guess that's better than being full THEN eating dinner.

Part of my "prescription" from Dr. Delaney was not to exercise yet.  With the amount of energy I've gained so far, I'm getting "exercise guilt."  You know that feeling when you know you should work out, but you don't for whatever reason?  I feel like since I have a little energy I should be using it to burn calories and get in shape.  I'm expecting some weight loss being gluten-free, even with the candy-palooza that is happening.  Keeping the carbs lower is supposed to keep my blood sugar from spiking and causing my body to store calories as fat.  We'll see!

As to my fruity dilemma, I'm making myself eat a banana tomorrow.  Ok, so I'm out of yogurt for breakfast and the banana is my only other option without going to the store.  I love vegetables and preparing them, but I never seem to want to prepare fruit.  I don't like a lot of different things, and isn't fruit more of a seasonal thing anyway?  I guess pears and apples are in season, though I don't like making the mess and taking the time to peel them.  I'd like to try to eat fruit every day, but every other day might be a more realistic goal for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment