Wednesday, October 27, 2010

You can't eat what?!?!

So, what can't I eat?  Meat, eggs, and pork: are suspected to give me headaches.  Soy and shrimp: make me sick.  And the latest, and possibly most deliciously craved, GLUTEN.

That's right, the cupcake queen has gone gluten-free.  And I don't think it'll be too pretty.

Why gluten-free?  As modern medicine continues to be baffled by my recurring symptoms (headaches, exhaustion, dizziness, tummy troubles, etc) I went back to the naturopathic doctor, Dr. Susan Delaney, I saw a few years ago who cleared up my issues before.  After going over my symptoms, diet and medications, she pointed out that many people who suffer from what is ailing me are gluten-intolerant.  But I was tested for celiac disease!  Apparently the sensitivity to gluten does not show up as the same as a gluten allergy.  This might even explain why I developed my allergies to beef, pork and eggs.

So after kissing pizza and beer goodbye (my last "gluten" meal included Lilly's pizza and Punkin Ale), I have begun my gluten-free life style.  Or at least my 3 week trial period.  The kitchen is loaded with vegetables and proteins, and I'm ready to eat!

Day One - Tuesday, October 26, 2011
Breakfast: Yogurt, coffee with skim milk and chocolate syrup
Lunch: chicken salad on a salad, mini Butterfinger
Dinner: chicken with onions, peppers, and broccoli on rice with salsa and cheese, candy corn pumpkins (I may have gone overboard with these!) 


*Inspired by my recent interest in healthy living blogs and growing dietary restrictions, I decided to start a blog.  Thanks for stopping by!*

No comments:

Post a Comment