Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday at work!

I do enjoy where I work... except on Saturdays!  It's very busy today, and I'm trying to field calls and emails from earlier this week.  But it is quite pretty...
Rodin Sculpture Garden at the NCMA         


Friday, November 12, 2010
Breakfast: cappuccino with skim milk and sugar, yogurt
Lunch: grilled chicken, pear, walnut and gorgonzola salad
Snack: dried cranberries and walnuts
Dinner: gluten-free pizza, mixed vegs, white wine

Spent the evening at home relaxing and watching HP & the Chamber of Secrets.  Fell asleep nice and early and was able to get up on time for the COCKROACH DISASTER.

I was in the shower and spotted something dark on the ceiling.  What?  A cockroach!  A big one.  Like a wild beast.  I watched him throughout my brief shower (very difficult to wash your face while staring at a bug.)  He scampered along the wall, losing traction in the steamy bathroom.  I turned off the water with plans to attack him with a shampoo bottle, but HE TOOK OFF FLYING.  I screamed (waking my upstairs neighbors, sorry) and stayed huddled in the shower for a few good minutes.  When I dared to check the surroundings for him, no where to be found.  I shook out my towel and dared step out of the shower.  Morning ruined as I gingerly stepped around the apartment. 

I've broken out in a cold sweat just thinking about it.  I have been told that he was an outdoor cockroach based on his size (and my proximity to a wooded area) but still am GROSSED out.  I will be drowning my apartment in RAID and hoping for the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment